♫ Dress me I'm your mannequin ♫

♫ Dress me I'm your mannequin ♫

Search This Blog

Thursday 3 June 2010

Balmain Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Ready To Wear Collection Summary

I j'adore Christophe Decarnin. If you are unfamiliar, where on earth have you been the last for the last 18 seasons? Personally, Balmain's ready-to-wear collection is just off the charts. It embodies the timeless rock and roll chic look, that any fashionista would just die for. I think if Oscar De La Renta was still present in the prestigious fashion house, the edginess of the ready-to-wear collections would be lacking. De La Renta is an undeniable fashion legend within couture, however I think Alber Elbaz at Lanvin, and Decarnin own the modern RTW runways. It would be very interesting to see a couture collection by Decarnin because there has not been one since 2003 (De La Renta leaving the house in 2001 for his own label)!

The look to your left worn by the gorgeous Anna Selezneva, is a personal favourite of mine. The silk ankle boot is a trend just waiting to happen after the whole militant utility craze upon us this season (with the shoe boot). I love anything leather and this look reminds me of a 70's rockstars girlfriend with the skin tight wet look trousers accompanied with a studded belt. Fur. Fur fur fur. Giselle Bündchen's protestors won't be too happy about this! But it really looks like fur is back! Fur represents glamour to me. But I am the tinciest bit anti-fur in the sense that I would prefer artificial fur. But fur is fur. Although fur wasn't a favourite for Stella McCartney for the upcoming winter, Chanel's Karl Largerfeld, went all the way. (to the right)

As did Elbaz (well not to Largerfeld's extreme). But the Lanvin runways most certainly captured an essence of fur.
(<---) Anyway, returning to Decarnin... Gold is evidently a favourite colour for Decarnin. The fabulous Carmen Kass struted her stuff in a flawlessly stunning thigh grazing trench, shortly followed by Sasha Pivovarova in a gold leopard print dress with shoulder pads that would cut you in half!

SO...Notable trends for rock and roll chic, this fall/winter:

Gold... All things gold!
Silk Ankle Boot.
Fur.
See through delicates.
Studded belts around the hips (not for the waist unless wearing a dress/coat - kind of last seasonish).
I will have my eye open for any other trends I feel are worth discussing! Comment and tell me what you think of the upcoming trends and favourite designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment